CITY OF SPRING PARK
CITY COUNCIL MINUTES
MARCH 2, 2015 – 7:30 PM
SPRING PARK CITY HALL
- CALL TO ORDER - Mayor Williamson called the meeting to order at 7:30 p.m.
- ROLL CALL – Hughes, Bren, Horton, Williamson.
- INTRODUCTIONS – Williamson introduced the council and staff to the public. Administrator Tolsma, Clerk Lewin, Attorney Beck.
- PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
- ADOPT AGENDA – Hughes makes a motion and Horton seconds to adopt the agenda. All votes ayes, motion carries.
- ADOPT CONSENT AGENDA – Horton makes a motion and Hughes seconds to adopt the consent agenda. All votes ayes, motion carries.
- City Council Work Session Minutes from February 23, 2015
- PUBLIC FORUM – No one.
- PRESENTATIONS & GUEST SPEAKERS – None.
- PETITIONS, REQUESTS & APPLICATIONS –
- Lord Fletcher’s Restaurant Oktoberfest Application – Williamson said this is routine. He said it’s identical to last year except it’s reduced to one day instead of two and they must meet the conditions required. Horton makes a motion and Bren seconds to approve the special event application for Lord Fletcher's Oktoberfest. All votes ayes, motion carries. Hughes reminds the date is a Saturday only.
- ORDINANCES & RESOLUTIONS
- Resolution 15-12: Updated 2015 Fee Schedule – Williamson said there is a proposed ordinance resulting from discussion by the council. He said there are three suggested changes and they are part of the resolution. Bren makes a motion to adopt Resolution 15-12 and Hughes seconds. All votes ayes, motion carries.
- REPORTS OF OFFICERS & COMMITTEES
- Mayor and Council –
Williamson said he’ll defer to the LMCC questionnaire towards the end of the meeting. He said there is a question about distributing the work product of the LMCC to communities that don’t contribute to producing the programs. Hughes asked about the number of residents or the scope affected and Williamson said this is a question that can’t seem to be answered right now. Horton wondered if communities who left might be willing to return.
Hughes said there is a meeting of the LMCD next week to get back on track to redefine the mission and the long-term planning. Williamson asked about the staff compensation and Hughes said employees received a 2.5% raise retroactive. He said the directors’ reviews are still in process. Williamson asked about boat inspections and Hughes said they received a lengthy report from the DNR. He’d have to review the minutes. Hughes asked Tolsma about a presentation for the dynamic sign. Tolsma said bids are coming in tomorrow so probably a presentation will be forthcoming at the next meeting.
- City Administrator – nothing.
- City Engineer – nothing.
- City Attorney – nothing.
- Utility Superintendent – nothing. Hughes asked about an update on the water plant and Tolsma said the meeting is this week.
- UPCOMING MEETINGS & TRAINING
- March 10 – Administration Committee – 12:00 PM
- March 11 – Full Police Commission Meeting – 8:00 AM
- March 11 – Planning Commission – 7:00 PM
- March 11 – LMCD – 7:00 PM
- March 16 – Regular City Council Meeting – 7:30 PM
- April 15 – Open Book Meeting – 6:00 PM to 7:30 PM – Williamson said this is with the county assessor to attach valuations and calculations for purposes of taxation in 2016. He said this is an opportunity for those who have questions or to challenge their property assessment. He said it’s helpful to set up an appointment ahead of the meeting.
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS
- NEW BUSINESS & COMMUNICATION
- Bills & Payroll – Horton makes a motion and Hughes seconds to pay the bills. All votes ayes, motion carries.
- MISCELLANEOUS (Information Only) – Hughes said he was reading through the monthly Mnspect Minute and he is surprised with some of the code changes. Hughes recommends those thinking about remodeling to be aware of these changes.
- LMCC Survey (Staff would like council feedback before submitting survey) – Williamson suggests everyone fill out the survey and give it to the Administrator. He said the city is entitled to one response and he’d like to go through the questions. He thinks everything on the list is important. Hughes asked about a safety video for child safety seats. He thinks they’re the highest priority. Tolsma suggests to get the survey to him by the work session as it’s due in early April.
- ADJOURNMENT – Bren makes a motion and Horton seconds to adjourn at 8:02 p.m. All votes ayes, motion carries.
Wendy Lewin, City Clerk
Dan Tolsma, City Administrator